Class meetings are applicable at all grade levels. It is important that class meetings are tailored to each individual class and correspond to the individual class needs. A second grade teacher at DGS shared insights into their first class meeting with her parents using the post below:
Toady was the first class meeting in the Second Street Cafe!
Classroom meetings aid in the development of life-long learners as they review their progress, goals, and overall status of the classroom. Our classroom meeting happens on Tuesday mornings. During this time, we:
- open with our TOP SECRET 2Z HANDSHAKE!
- review our mission statement
- read our ground rules
- analyze the data surrounding our SMART goal progress
- discuss the plus/delta chart (positives, and things to change) pertaining to 2Z
- problem solve any of the deltas as needed
- complete a consensogram (see photo) to help us pinpoint our next steps
See the pictures below taken during the meeting today!
Here’s to many more class meetings this year! I can’t wait until the students are using the 21st century skills to lead the meetings themselves!